08:00 Registration, and networking coffee in the exhibition area
09:00 Chairman’s welcome address
Paul Gunton, Editor, Ballast Water Treatment Technology
09:05 Platinum sponsor's welcome address
Tom Perlich, President, Ecochlor
SESSION ONE: INDUSTRY UPDATE
The opening session will set the scene by bringing everyone fully up-to-date with key regulatory policies and the latest initiatives being implemented by the leading industry bodies.
09:10 The latest in ballast water regulations
- Understanding the IMO regulations and the operational realities, and developing strategies for compliance and performance
- Ballast water treatment systems – IMO and USCG type approval requirements
Damoulis Xydous, Marine Surveyor, Rotterdam Office, Lloyd's Register
09:40 Achieving compliant Ballast Water Management - technology, integration and operations interactions
Aage Bjørn Andersen, CEO, InBallast
10:10 Case study: How Port of Amsterdam is dealing with ballast water regulation
- Ports obligations
- Problems that ports might face due to the BWMC
- Possible solutions and uncertainties
- Port of Amsterdam’s point of view on current and upcoming regulations
Piet Luijk, Policy Advisor, Environment and Dangerous Goods, Harbour Master’s Division, Port of Amsterdam
10:40 Networking coffee break in the exhibition area sponsored by Panasia
11:20 Facing up to compliance and operational realities
- Operating experience of over 130 installed systems – challenges faced on board, safety/training/familiarisation, maintenance/reliability
- Cost implications beyond CAPEX
- Building a proper infrastructure to ensure safety and compliance
- Improving reliability of WBTS and building an infrastructure to improve compliance and safety
Douglas Lang, Managing Director, Anglo-Eastern Shipmanagement
Martin Crawford-Brunt, Regional Business Development Manager – West Europe & Africa, DNV GL
SESSION TWO: APPROVED SOLUTIONS
Technology companies will present their latest breakthroughs in ballast water treatment systems and discuss various options available to vessel owners and operators.
11:50 Comparative analysis of 10 tanker BWT installations
- Benefits in choosing the Ecochlor BWTS for tankers
- Key Stakeholders: Shipowner; Engineering; BWT Manufacturer; Shipyard; Class Society
- Review of Installation to operation
- OPEX: Power & Consumables
Mike Hasson, Technical Director, Ecochlor
12:10 Leading BWMS innovations that meet your needs
- ECS product & Technology & Advantages
- New systems of Techcross
- Total solution provider with one stop services
Martin Luitwieler, Director, Techcross
12:30 Approach to smooth retrofit installation
- Shipboard survey and 3D laser scanning
- System selection
- Concept and detailed design
Jurrien Baretta, Business Development Manager, Goltens Green Technologies
12:50 Networking lunch in the exhibition area sponsored by Lloyd's Register
14:00 A successful BWM convention: Learning from sound experience
- How can the proposed experience building after entry into force of the BWM Convention be put into future actions?
- Does your installed BWM system work sufficiently ‘in real life’ on-board?
- Which test methods and protocols can ensure a sound monitoring of biological efficacy?
- How can the results be useful for multiple purposes (Type Approval, inspections)
- How can sector-wide interests (manufacturers, ship-owners) be safeguarded to enable successful experience building?
- How to continuously improve BWM performance?
Etienne Brutel de la Rivière, M.Sc., Managing Director, MEA-nl
14:20 Mind the gaps: Using lessons learned to streamline retrofit installations
- Hidden traps in installation
- Know your vessel not just your flow
- Does one system fit all vessels?
Henrik Krull, Area Sales Manager, Hyde Marine
14:40 Ballast Water Management Systems - Environmental compliance and In-Service Support
Craig Patrick, Sales Director, Wärtsilä Marine Solutions
15:00 USCG type approved ballast water treatment technologies analysis
- Overview of the Different Treatment Technologies Approved
- BWTS Strengths and Limitations
- After-commission Customer Services
Debra DiCianna, Senior Compliance Engineer, Choice Ballast Solutions
15:20 On-deck installation – Important things to consider from a Filter supplier perspective
- What is special?
- What could be done?
- What are the consequences?
- Success story!
Jörn Kaiser, Head of Marine Process Water Filtration, Hydac Process Technology
15:40 Networking coffee break in the exhibition area sponsored by Panasia
SESSION THREE: FINANCING BWMS
Leading financial institutions will talk-through the financing available and associated risks.
16:20 Understanding the total cost of compliance
- How is the low oil price affecting the availability of finance?
- How are owners and operators looking to finance their solutions?
- What financing is available and under what term and conditions?
- How to best manage your BWMS costs
Marcel Karsijns, Director Green Solutions, Damen Shipyards Gorinchem
SESSION FOUR: TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
An analysis of the training required to ensure proper BWMS use, safety and compliance.
16:50 Ensuring crew competence
- Understanding your crew training requirements
- Training methodologies and their effectiveness
- Strategies for ensuring crew competence
Peter Lundahl Rasmussen, Head of Maritime Information, BIMCO
SESSION FIVE: BWMS CASE STUDIES
Speakers will share their experience using different systems. Delegates will benefit from the pros, cons and lessons learnt from users.
17:20 BWMS in operation and lessons learnt
James Seungha Han, General manager, Panasia Europe
17:40 Case study: Our experience with ballast water management solutions
David Cox, Technical Manager, Reederei Nord
17:55 Closing remarks by the conference chairman
Paul Gunton, Editor, Ballast Water Treatment Technology
18:00 Drinks reception sponsored by Marine Eco Analytics
19:00 End of drinks reception, followed by pre-registration for the European Marine Engineering Conference, Awards & Exhibition
20:00 End of pre-registration
* Programme subject to change / amendments